|Dr. P.K. Mishra
Ph.D. (Nuclear & Inorganic Chemistry)
Utkal University, Bhubaneswar
Kaziranga University www.kazirangauniversity.in
Co-Founder and Ex-Chairman,
Kalinga Software Pvt. Ltd
Born in 1965, Dr. Mishra got his PhD degree in Chemistry, from Utkal University, Bhubaneswar. With a brief stint as a Lecturer from 1990-1992 he entered into his entrepreneurial endeavor along with two of his friends, the result of which was Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology (KIIT) (www.kiit.ac.in) in 1992 with 12 students and 2 staff members which was declared a deemed university in 2004 with a student strength of 10,000 and staff strength of around 2000. He had the honour of being the first Pro-Chancellor of KIIT Deemed University from 2004-2006. Dr. Mishra has the distinction of joining the prestigious International Visitors Leadership Programme IVLP 2007 organized by the Department of State, USA in 2007.
On the request of some NRI friends, he started Knowledge Trust (KT) (www.knowledge.org.in) in the year 2006 along with few of his friends and well wishers from USA. Within 6years of existence TempleCity Institute of Technology and Engineering (TITE) (www.tite.ac.in) under KT became one of the most sought after engineering college in the State of Odisha with 50% of the students coming from all over the eastern part of India. TITE is also one of the few colleges to have established linkages with academicians from top universities in US, Canada, Japan & UK.
With an objective of using IT as an enabler for management of education complexes and universities, Dr. Mishra co-founded Kalingasoft (www.kalingasoft.com) in the year 1999 and was one of the few individuals and organizations to have introduced Wi-Fi Technology & ERP in educational institutes in the 90's.
Thus during 1992 to 2006 Dr. Mishra co-founded and successfully managed the following organisations:
- KIIT Society and KIIT University, Bhubaneswar (1992 - 2006.); www.kiit.ac.in
- Kalingasoft, Bhubaneswar (1999 - 2012); www.kalingasoft.com
- Knowledge Trust and TITE (2006 - cont.); www.tite.ac.in
Dr. Mishra in 2006 with his experience and expertise of establishing professional universities & institutes was invited by high net worth individuals & organisations to establish high quality educational institutes & universities in the country. The result..
- Don Bosco University, Guwahati, Assam 
- Techno India NJR Institute of Technology, Udaipur, Rajasthan 
- Kaziranga University, Jorhat, Assam [2007 - cont.] www.kazirangauniversity.in
NEKF - North Eastern Knowledge Foundation;
|President & Chief Advisor||2007 - till date|
Don Bosco University;
|Consultant||2006 - 2007|
Infinity Group, Kolkata
for Knowledge City Projects and other Education projects
|Advisor||2007 - 2012|
|Co-Founder||2006 - till date|
KIIT Deemed University;
|Pro-Chancellor||2004 - 2006|
Kalinga Software Pvt. Ltd.
|Director||1999 - 2012|
|Founder Promoter||1992 - till date|
|Govt. of Odisha||Lecturer in Chemistry||1990 - 1992|
- Post Doctoral Fellow, CSIR, Govt. of India, New Delhi - 1991
- Ph.D. (Chemistry), Utkal University, Bhubaneswar - 1990
- M.Sc. (Chemistry), Utkal University, Bhubaneswar - 1987
- JRF and SRF, CSIR 1987-1990
- Research Work in Bhabha atomic Research Centre, Mumbai and Saha Institute of Nuclear Physics, Kolkata
- Selected for INDO-Czechoslovakia Fellowship 1990
- Selected for INDO-USSR Fellowship 1990
- International Visitor Leadership Program-IVLP, USA, 2006
Dr. Mishra has been involved in a large number of academic conferences and workshops in the capacity of Patron or Organizing Chair. Few worth mentioning are
- International Conference on Distributed Computing and Internet Technology (ICDCIT)
- International Conference on Information Technology (CIT)
- National Workshop on Ubiquitous Computing
- International Conference on Advanced Computing and Communications (ADCOM), 2000
- Solvent Extraction of Zirconium (IV) from Thiocyanet and Hydrochloric Acid Solutions by LIX-26 and DOSO. P.K. Mishra, V. Chakrabortty, K.C. Dash, N.R. Das and S.N. Bhattacharyya. RadiochimicaActa, 47, 235 - 237, 1989.
- Tetrameric Zirconium (IV) complexes with Bidentate Ligands. P.K. Mishra, V. Chakravortty and K.C. Dash. Indian J. Chem, 28A, 581 - 584, 1989.
- Solvent Extractions of Zirconium and Niobium from HCl Solutions by Aliquat 336/Alamine 336 and DOSO mixtures.P.K. Mishra, V. Chakravortty, K.C. Dash, N.R. Das and S.N. Bhatacharyya. J. Radional Nuclear Chemistry (Articles), 131, 281 - 287, 1989.
- Extractions of Zirconium (IV) from HCl Solutions by mixtures of Aliquat 336 and Alamine 336 with TBP. P.K. Mishra, V. Chakravortty, K.C. Dash, N.R. Das and S.N. Bhattacharyya. J. Radional Nuclear Chemistry (Articles), 134, 259 - 264, 1989.
- Extraction of Zirconium (IV) and separation of 95Zr-95Nb from Acidic Thiocyanate Media by LIX 54 and its mixture with TBP. P.K. Mishra, V. Chakrabortty, K.C. Dash, N.R. Das and S.N. Bhattacharyya. Radichimica Acts, 49, 45 - 48, 1990.
- Schiff base Complexes of Zirconium (IV) derived from Zr (acac)4.P.K. Mishra, V. Chakrabortty, K.C. Dash.TransitionMet. Chem., 16, 73 - 75, 1991.
- Extraction and Separation of Zr, Nb and Hf by Aliquat 336 and mixture with TOPO from Acidic Thiocyanatemedia.P.K. Mishra, V. Chakrabortty, K.C. Dash, N.R. Das and S.N. Bhattacharyya. J. Radional Nuclear Chemistry, Articles, 162, 289 - 298, 1992.
- Extraction of Thorium (IV) by Cyanex Reagents, PC-88A and their mixture from Aqueous Hydrochloric Acid Media. K.C. Rout, P.K. Mishra, V. Chakrabortty and K.C. Dash.RadiochimicaActa, 62, 203 - 206, 1993.
- Liquid-Liquid Extraction of Uranium (VI) by Cyanex 301/Alamine 308 and their mixtures with TBP/DDSO.K.C. Rout, P.K. Mishra, V. Chakrabortty and K.C. Dash. J. Radional Nuclear Chemistry, Articles - 181, 3 - 10, 1994.
- Macrocyclic Complexes of Dioxouranium (VI).K.C. Rout, P.K. Mishra, V. Chakrabortty and K.C. Dash.Indian J. Chem., 33A, 673 - 675, 1994.
Dr. Mishra has visited Canada, USA, UK, Singapore, Thailand, Malaysia, China, UAE, Mauritius, and South Korea to develop collaboration with International Universities of repute and participate in International education fairs.
Dr. Mishra has visited on multiple occasions, the following universities of repute:
|University of Washington,
|University of Miami,
|University of Florida,
|University of North Carolina, U.S.||University of California,
|Sheffield Hallam University, U.K.|
|Nanyang Technological University, Singapore||National University of Singapore, Singapore||Asian Institute of Technology, Bangkok|
|Cardiff Metropolitan University, U.K.||University od Webster,
|Manipal International University, KL|